Perimeter Fence Upgrade 800 lineal metres
- Design and Construct Contract
- Undertake Site Survey
- Demolish and Removal of Existing Chainwire Fence
- Civil works – Carpark construction including 580m2 asphalting
- Construction of 200 l/m reinforced concrete retaining wall
- Supply and Installation of 3.0m INFINITY Palisade Security Fence
- Design, Supply and Install 7 Strand Electric Fence Anti-Climb Topping
- Manufacture, Supply and Installation of Vehicular Double Leaf Hinged Gates
- Supply and Installation of Anti-Dig concrete plinth.
- Project Management and documentation including As Builts, Site Surveys and OH&S Safety Statistics.
- Project completed by BFH Sydcon within the designated timeframe.
The H.V Substation Challenge
It’s not the type of work that provides the challenge, it’s the environment in which the works are undertaken.
Working in a High Voltage Substation environment presents a raft of contracting challenges, primarily based around all aspects of work safety. BFH Sydcon operates a Third Party approved Occupational Health and Safety Managment System, which ensures that every precaution is taken to keep everyone safe.
Substation sites do present challenges other than safety, many of which revolve around a vast array of existing services and operational complexities, along with geotechnical and logistical difficulties. Projects of this kind do require considerable experience and expertise, and without sound Project Management are destined to fail.
The H.V. Substation Result
Depending on the metreage, a typical substation perimeter can take 8-12 weeks to complete if done properly. BFH Sydcon prides itself by having onsite management for the duration of the Contract, unlike many of our competitors. This comes at a cost, however as a contracting company we believe that representation onsite is critical to the outcome of the project.
Our projects are completed on time, and we are proud of our minimal defects record upon practical completion, but more importantly when the 12 month defects liability period expires, we don’t get called back to fix things up!!